I am NOT a morning person! Anyone who really knows me, knows this fact. If you have been my roommate at one time or another, you are really chuckling right now with some very vivid memories of "the face" as I passed you in the hallway - that facial expression of mine that says "do not even talk to me until at least 8 a.m..
So, you will be just really tickled to know that I started working as a preschool teacher this week. I have to be there by 7:15 a.m. and it is 30 minutes from my house. This means with two little ones, I have to be up at 5 a.m.!!! I know many of you get up at 5 daily, but this is me we're talking about here. Oh, and did I mention the baby still wakes up at 1 or 2 a.m. most nights?
So here's how it went:
Sunday night -I was the super-excited new preschool teacher. I haven't worked (really worked) in over four years. So I'm getting the coffee ready the night before, getting the house spotless, washing every piece of laundry in the home, packing backpacks with ready-to-make bottles, etc., giving the kids' baths, and so on. I had Caleb in bed by 7:50 p.m. with his clothes for the next day set out for him. You get the picture.
Monday morning -I leap out of bed at 5 a.m. sharp, cheerfully greeting the day and so excited to meet my students and officially be a teacher! Monday afternoon, after getting off I was a total zombie. Monday night - I leave the house pretty messy, don't worry about kids' baths that night, don't manage to get Caleb to bed until about 8:30 p.m., do get the coffee and backpacks ready and head to bed at 10 p.m.
Tuesday morning - I slowly creep out of bed at 5:10 a.m.. My back is killing me. I must have pulled it doing something with the kids at school. It's raining outside. Boy I would love to sleep in. But, today is a new day and I am a teacher. How fun! I rush through my morning routine and pull out of the driveway about 10 minutes later than Monday. Tuesday night - I am a little grumpy. I did not clean, did not give baths again, did not prepare coffee and did not pack the backpacks. I didn't even wash my face. I just went to bed.
Wednesday morning - This is today. It is 6:15 a.m. and I have 30 minutes until I need to leave. I am sitting here in my robe with wet hair, drinking my coffee and writing this blog. I physically cannot bring myself to get moving. I have "the face" and I cannot believe we're only halfway through the week.
I won't bother to post Thursday or Friday's details. Just please forgive me if I haven't returned phone calls or have forgotten to call you on your birthday. I am in a bad place right now. :) Kimberly, I know you are getting such a kick out of this right now because you can visualize "the face."
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
CRACKING UP LAUGHING! This is why I do quiet times in the middle of the afternoon.
Hope it gets better!
You crack me up! That will be me in about a week when I start doing Bible Study in the morning, pre-school, MOPS, etc. I will for sure not get up that early. How are things with you?
oh my goodness! i think i just peed my pants!! ha! That is so hilarious! I LOVE YOU! I MISS YOU SO MUCH!! will be praying for your next week! hang in there! you are such a blessing to those kids at preschool i know!!
That is AMAZING what heather did!! So thankful she was there to help you!! looks like you guys had a blast! hoping i can come hang out soon!! love you!
Post a Comment