Friday, September 05, 2008















Update from East Texas

I can't believe it has been only three months since we have been in East Texas; it seems like a lifetime. So much has changed!


Job Front

Brad is working a new job, which is going very well. He was number one in his district last month, which was only his second month there -- confirmation he made the right move taking the position! I have been teaching preschool for three weeks now. I'm working five days a week from 7:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., and do a little substituting in the afternoons occasionally. I'll be honest, it is whipping me. I am beginning to adjust though and am starting to get used to early mornings. I am enjoying the teaching aspect. There are other aspects however that are not so appealing...head lice. Yep, had to send multiple students home with lice. That, my friends is gross. Hadn't counted on that when I signed up for teaching. :)


Soccer Moms Club

I am officially a member, and it is quite fun. Brad is the assistant coach of our little Yellow Jackets. I volunteered him for the job and he's actually enjoying it. It's cracking me up because he takes it very seriously telling the group of little four and five-year-olds to "huddle up" and "stretch it out." Hilarious! The best thing is that we're all making new friends in the process. I met two moms who each have a four-year-old boy and a baby about Jacob's age. They both live in our neighborhood, and one of the families just moved here a month ago to work for YWAM. We've started a little mom's group, which is another "God thing." I had been earnestly praying for some new little buddies for Caleb.








Jakers

For some reason, that is what we are calling him. He is getting cuter everyday. The child I thought was never going to smile, now smiles all of the time. The child that screamed for hours, now we call our "happy baby." He is cooing and smiling, and occasionally laughing (for Daddy and GiGi that is). Today I witnessed him batting at a toy, and trying to roll over. I think he'll be rolling over within the week. He is just starting to be amused by Caleb, so that is fun. I just started feeding him cereal at night a couple of nights ago. I know I'm not supposed to do that until four months, but I just wanted to see what he would do... and, of course he gobbled it up. That night he slept the entire night. So, I don't care what they say, I'm feeding him cereal. :)















































1 comment:

Kimberly said...

SO great to get a catch up! I am so excited for your family!! and your mom group! and the head lice thing...me and wesleygrant had it..so if you get it, call me..i will comfort you! it is gross...but have found out very normal. love you love you!